You have been tasked with developing a recruiting and hiring plan for CapraTek’s new sales representative position.
Review the CapraTek: Candidate Selection and CapraTek: Job Analysis simulations (linked in the Resources) as well as other course resources, including O*NET Online, to support your analysis in the development of your plan.
Include the following in your recruiting and hiring plan for HR leadership:
- Write a description of the job requirements. This can be a brief description based on O*Net OnLine and other resources used in your job analysis.
- Develop the competency model for a sales representative position. Should candidates possess these competencies prior to hiring, or would they be trained after hiring?
- Analyze the current labor market for the position.
- You can assume any geographic location you choose for this analysis, but include where the job will be located and any demographic data for females and minorities.
- Create a selection plan for the sales representative position. Include at least five screening methods such as interviews and forms of testing. How does technology impact these screening methods?
- Assess the impact of the legal environment for CapraTek’s staffing. What role does the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures have?
- Recommend the top candidates to interview. Select three from the pool of 20 candidates within the CapraTek simulations.
Your CapraTek Recruiting and Hiring Plan should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through the accurate communication of thoughts that support a central idea and use of correct grammar and mechanics as expected of a human resources professional.
- References: Support your analysis with at least 2 academic, scholarly, or professional resources
- Format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and format.
- Length: 8–10 pages, in addition to the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.