Recruiting, Selection, and Training
- Recruiting, Selection, and Training
Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research a company for which you would like to work. Focus your research on the selected company’s approach to recruiting, selecting, training, and managing its workers.
Note: You may use the same company you selected for your assignment in Week 3.
Write a 4–5-page paper in which you:
- Describe (briefly) the company you researched.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s recruiting efforts.
- Suggest two recommendations for improving the company’s recruiting efforts.
- Analyze the company’s selection process.
- Recommend two areas for improving the company’s selection process.
- Assess the general effectiveness of human resource planning and performance management systems.
- Determine the level of influence that training and talent management have on the company’s labor force.
- Use at least five quality academic resources in this assignment. Consider beginning with your course textbooks and scholarly sources that can be found in the Strayer Library.
Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a company’s recruiting, selection, performance and talent management process.