1. Reflection #4 – Enable Others to Act –
o LC – Ch 9-10, p.193-244
§ LC – Ch09 – Foster Collaboration
· Leadership and a climate of trust –
o What steps should be taken to establish a climate of trust?
o With virtual platforms and communication commonplace, how has this effected professional relationships and concern for others?
§ LC – Ch10 – Strengthen Others
· Leadership strengthens others –
o How does a leader organize the workplace to build competence and ownership?
o What actions make employees feel powerful and in control of their circumstances?
o EO – Ch 8,9,10, p.169-244
§ EO – Ch08 – Decentralized Command
· What considerations are necessary to decentralize authority? Is this important and why?
§ EO – Ch09 – Plan
· Why is it important for leaders to clearly identify directives for the team? Are ambiguous and nonparticipative plans effective?
§ EO – Ch10 – Leading Up and Down the Chain of Command
· What are the challenges of communicating both up and down the chain of command? Why is it important to do both well?