- Length: A minimum of 250 words per number, not including references
- Citations: At least one high-level scholarly reference in APA from within the last 5 years
- Deadline: 9/8/21 11:59pm PST
1. A ten-year-old patient presents in the clinic with soft-tissue swelling around the left eye. The parent reports that the child has had a cold with copious amounts of nasal drainage for approximately a week. The parent thought the child was getting better, but this morning the child awoke with a red eye and a fever of 102.1°F. The child has no complaint of headache, vomiting or visual disturbances.
Describe how the FNP would clinically manage and follow up this patient. List the pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions. Describe how the treatment plan might be different for a 35-year-old patient as well as a 65+ year old patient.
2. Diabetes is a common illness seen in primary care. Using evidence-based practice, what screening would you need to make to ensure these patients are getting adequate care and health promotion.