1. Locate a recent (or past) organizational crisis that has been in the news. Describe the crisis and provide suggestions about how you would have dealt with the crisis in a more productive manner. Provide the link(s) to the crisis information so I can read it, too!
2. Choose an organization (or use your own) and create a crisis communication plan.
Your plan should include the following parts:
- Introduction & Table of Contents
- Brief organization background to serve as information for crisis management team
- Description of the Plan’s Purpose, including itsIdentify types of crises your organization could face (categorize these under broad headings, ex. accidents, financial, personnel, etc.)
- Identify a crisis management team
- Identify third party potential supporters or credible experts
- Immediate Response Checklist
- Establish procedure for dealing with the Media during a crisis
- Press release template
- Procedure for evaluating the crisis plan