TOPIC: Why Do Some Managers Hate the Performance Evaluation?
You are to conduct research and write a three to five page paper on the following subject, “Why Do Some Managers Hate the Performance Evaluation?” and answer the following two questions:
- Some managers would rather get a root canal than go through the performance evaluation process with their direct reports. Why?
- What does research tell you?
As you respond to the two questions listed above, please address the following:
- What traits does an effective manager display in the workplace?
- Is there a profile for a manager who may struggle with the evaluation process?
- What are the key elements of a successful employee evaluation process? How should a manager prepare for the event?
- Develop an evaluation form for your direct reports and show how the evaluation criterion correlates to the organization’s objectives.
You are to support your ideas, arguments, and opinions with independent research, include at least two (2) supporting references or sources (NOT Wikipedia, unknown, or anonymous sources), and format your work in accordance with 7th edition APA formatting which includes:
- A Title Page (No running head)
- Abstract with (3-5) Keywords
- A minimum of 3 FULL pages of written content, Times New Roman, 12 font, 1″ margins, left justified, and
- A Reference page
While this is a management course, it is expected you will adhere to academic standards of writing which include spelling, grammar, and writing mechanics.