Talent management is an integrated process that is designed to attract, retain, and develop employees and serves as a key component to an organization’s success. An organization’s ability to adequately recruit new talent and fill positions will depend on an effective talent management plan. Each week, you explored key processes of talent management including workforce planning, talent sourcing and selection, onboarding, employee development, employee engagement, performance management, succession planning, talent retention, and compensation. The final assignment of the course builds on the work you have completed throughout the term. For this assignment, you will take on the role of an HR director to develop and design a fully integrated Talent Management Plan.
The mid-sized company, ABC Athletics Co., is now experiencing sales growth and will need to hire additional employees to keep up with demand. The organization experienced an increase in turnover rates among production workers in the past five years and expects it to continue over the next three years. ABC Athletics Co. also expects to lose 10% of its workforce through retirement. It is apparent that the talent management process needs improvement and the organization must be better prepared to respond to short-term and long-term changes in the workforce. As the HR director, you recognize the need for a new, comprehensive, and integrated talent management approach.
In Week 4, you started an initial draft of the Final Paper. Now you will incorporate the feedback that you received into your final Talent Management Plan. Use the Talent Management Plan outline to complete this assignment.
The Talent Management Plan Final Paper should include:
- a staffing plan forecasting recruitment needs including a strategy for replacing the 10% of the workforce lost to retirement
- job descriptions for three new positions
- an evaluation of two to three specific recruiting methods for sourcing candidates, and provides rationale
- an evaluation that evaluates several talent selection methods, and addresses the four listed components
- an explanation of the components included in the organization’s onboarding and orientation program
- an explanation of how employee development solutions can promote employee engagement
- a formulation of a strategy on assessing performance, and identifies instruments and/or assessments that could be used
- development of a succession plan by addressing the five listed components
- development of a strategy to identify the reasons for increased turnover among employees, and designs a retention strategy
The Talent Management Plan Final Paper
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style including an Abstract along with an Introduction, Thesis Statement and Conclusion as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least six scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.