Review Chapter 10: Talent Development
“Since organizational outcomes rely on individuals making quality contributions and fulfilling their roles effectively, HR professionals must work together to bring out the best in employees.” Performance management and/or appraisal process allows organizations and employees to measure job performance.
Research Performance Management and explain/identify:
- Why a performance management process is necessary or why organizations should eliminate their performance management process.
- Differences between strategic, administrative, and developmental uses of performance appraisal.
- Advantages and/or disadvantages between rating, ranking, and goal-setting methods.
- Ethical considerations pertaining to the performance appraisal process.
- Write a 3-4 page double-spaced, 12 font, and APA formatted paper that addresses the items above.
- Do not use first person. This paper isn’t your opinion. Your paper is guided by your research.
- The 3-4 pages is counted from the introduction through the conclusion. It does not include the title page or reference page.
- Include a title page properly formatted in APA.
- You Do NOT need to include an abstract
- Make sure to include an Introduction to your paper. Your introduction needs to include a strong preview sentence.
- Create headingsin the body of the paper (between the Introduction and Conclusion) that are named based on the content in that section of the paper. For example, your headings could be the trends you identified. Please review the APA Heading Format Guidelines (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.) in order to develop a good understanding of how to format the headings in your paper.
- Include a Reference page. You must include a minimum of 5 references (textbook and 4 scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles from Welder Library E-Resources).
Please refer to the rubric for the grading requirements.
Your submission will go through turnitin. Turnitin evaluates the originality score of your paper. Your turnitin score should be 25% or less