Zero-based budgeting is intended to optimize the allocation of resources in an organization. The following video describes this approach:
Zero-based budgeting is a unique technique for budgeting. It may work for some organizations but not for others.
Complete an analysis of the zero-based approach to budgeting. Include the following in your analysis:
- Define zero-based budgeting
- Provide a list of advantages and disadvantages
- Compare zero-based budgeting with other budgeting techniques
- Discuss the development of a decision package for existing and new programs and the ranking process
- Identify an organization and discuss how the entity might use this approach effectively
Please submit your assignment.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbre