Must post first.
Topic: How the new vision will affect Job Performance and Job Commitment
Keeping Job Performance and Commitment High
As a follow up to week one’s Memo the CEO is trying to have you understand as a new hire that your major concern amidst the change that will be coming to VMI is how you might keep job performance and commitment to the company running smoothly. Using the same Memo Format as in week one, answer in the follow-up questions for the CEO:
1. By FRIDAY, complete the following:
- Explain your understanding as to what job performance is and why it is important to a sustainable organization.
- Given your knowledge of the company history and current status from the company profile, identify three areas that the vision of the future of the workplace might create a challenge for keeping the organization moving efficiently.
- Explain your understanding as to what job commitment is and why it is important to a sustainable organization.
- Given your knowledge of the company history and current status from the company profile, identify three areas that the vision of the future of the workplace might create a challenge for keeping employees at VMI. (Be sure to address in detail other examples of employee commitment besides retention.)
- Discuss how your role as manager relates to job performance and commitment. How will this role be challenged in the future workplace? Give three examples.
- You must use course material to support your responses and APA in-text citations with a reference list.
2. THROUGHOUT the week, complete the following:
- Respond to your classmates three or more days throughout the week. Remember you are trying to develop the best answers to the questions as possible. Your classmates are doing the same so read the posts carefully looking for the best ideas being presented. The goal is that by the end of the week the class will come to some consensus as to the best answers giving you the chance to submit the best ideas in the final post.
- You must use course material to support your responses but you do not need to use APA in the brainstorming discussion with the exception of Friday’s initial first impression post.
- Participation is worth 2.5 points each week (20% of the final grade). Participation must be reflected in the final post so grades will be affected by the content portion of the post if participation is not shown. Therefore, it is important to get in the class often and with the idea of improving your initial post with the discussion so that the final grade will be the best you can deliver.
3. FINAL POST, complete the following:
- Attach your final post in the classroom by Monday at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- The final post must reflect the brainstorming activities and should be different than your Friday initial post.
- The final post must include a variety of sources from the class material as well as the use of scenario or case study facts where appropriate.
- It must USE APA in-text citations and reference list.
Brainstorming is a technique that seeks to collect a myriad of ideas about a problem in an effort to find a unique and often innovative way of handling the solution. It can also be a way of collecting information about a situation or produce feedback about a particular topic. Brainstorming works very simply with only three rules: No idea is too far fetched, all ideas are to be accepted by the group for consideration, and the ideas must focus on the topic presented for discussion not whether the idea will work or not. Obviously, many ideas will be discounted later on when constraints like budget or implementation impossibilities may block its consideration for successful implementation. However, for the purpose of this discussion focus only on suggesting ideas from the class material and research which will answer the topic under discussion. Use the following template for your memo format