The purpose of this assignment is for you to find out what medical insurance coverage you have (use a family member’s or friend’s if needed). Cut & paste the questions/statements and use full sentences to answer the questions. If you notice, each question has several parts to be able to earn full credit.
If the policy differentiates between in network and out of network physicians and services be sure to include that information in your answers.
Medical Insurance Company __________________________
Address and phone number ____________________________
1. Describe the policy you are reporting on for this assignment. What type of
health policy (individual vs employment), what is the deductible, if you had a
choice why did you select this plan?
2. Are office visits covered? Is there a co-pay for services? If so, how much?
3. Are prescription medications covered? If so, is there a co-pay for
medications? If so, how much? Is there a co-pay difference for generic vs name?
brand, formulary vs non-formulary (3rd party way of ranking medicines) indicates.
4. Does the plan cover wellness checks, mammograms, physicals, immunizations,
blood analysis? (for full points, must answer yes or no to each one)
5. Does the plan cover: chiropractic, physical therapy, smoking cessation,
weight control programs, nutrition counseling for high cholesterol, birth
control medications or devices? (for full points, must answer yes or no to each one)
6. What would be the annual premiums for a person your age and for a family?
7. Do you have life insurance, car insurance, or apartment/renter insurance?
How much are you spending annually on your premiums?
8. After graduation if your job did not have insurance and you had to buy an individual policy for health coverage, would you? Why or why not?