Read the details of the Larson Property Management Company case scenario on pages 114–115 of the textbook. The Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Larson, and the Chief Financial Officer, Ms. Johnson, would like to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR functions, as well as reduce overall HR costs. Mr. Larson and Ms. Johnson would like you, the HR Director, to serve as the change agent of the project. In this assignment, you will develop a plan and analysis (the planning and analysis phases of the systems development life cycle [SDLC]) of the current business based on the details of the scenario.
Write a 2–3 page proposal, in which you do the following:
Introduction and Plan
- Detail the current situation for the company, focusing on the issues that the organization is currently facing from using a legacy HRIS. Explain your plan for moving forward to address these issues.
- Based on the issues the organization is currently facing, identify the new system needs. Identify change team members who will help identify system need, and specify their role and responsibilities.
Interview, Questionnaire, Observation, or Focus Group
- Determine how additional data will be collected regarding system needs. Determine how the change management team will collect data during the exploration phase. Specify whether team members will use interviews, questionnaires, observations, and/or focus groups to collect data from end users. Provide at least five essential questions that will be asked of end users via interview, questionnaire, observation, or focus group.
- Explain two to three reasons why the company would benefit from adopting an HRIS. Focus on how the HRIS would address the current HR needs of the organization.
- Use at least two quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.