In Assessment 2, you assisted human resources in identifying appropriate members for your team. Now that you have a team, it is important to document how you plan to facilitate communication with and among your virtual team members. This is especially critical in complex projects. In this assessment, you will develop a communications plan that will effectively serve your new virtual team. It should describe platforms and tools, lines of communication, roles, tasks, approvals, et cetera.
Continue to view the CapraTek activity linked in the Resources under the Capella Multimedia heading to help you form your communications plan.
Consider the CapraTek activity to write a 3–4-page communications plan that includes the following:
- A description of overall project communication requirements and practices.
- A description of platforms and tools that will be used and why they are appropriate.
- A description of important types of communication such as meetings, updates, status reports, et cetera, including their frequency and method and who must attend.
Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
- APA format: Resources and citations (if any) are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 3–4 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Additional resources if needed.
- Wikibooks. (n.d.). Project management/PMBOK/Communications management. Retrieved from https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Project_Management/PMBOK/Communications_Management
- Project Management Institute. (2013). The high cost of low performance: The essential role of communications [PDF]. Retrieved from http://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/learning/thought-leadership/pulse/the-essential-role-of-communications.pdf
- O’Berry, D. (2015). How to create a project communication plan. Retrieved from http://quickbase.intuit.com/blog/how-to-create-a-project-communication