From the HRM perspective, what are the implications of managing labor relations in the Public Sector?
Respond to other students.
Discussion # 2
Conduct a search in the UMGC library for the following article:
- Mareschal, P. M. (2018). Public sector unions, democracy, and citizenship at work. Labor History, 59(1), 38–53.
What does this article suggest about the future of public sector unions? Do you agree? Why or why not.
You don’t need to respond to another student.
Discussion # 3
Since we are at the end of this class, this is the perfect time to reflect upon the achievement of Course Outcomes.
As the Syllabus states …. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- identify, interpret, and apply rules and policies governing the labor relations process
- research and prepare background materials to support the labor relations process
- differentiate between unionized and non-unionized environments in order to maintain legal compliance
- identify, analyze, and classify potential labor relations issues in order to support the decision-making process