Integrate organizational strategy and goals with a global workforce.
You are the Global Talent Manager at Amazing Foods, a global food distribution company. Amazing Foods has an organizational goal of creating a culturally intelligent and competent global workforce. One organizational strategy to meet this goal is to develop and retain global employees. You have conducted an assessment of your performance management process and determined that there are gaps, which impact the engagement and retention of employees in your global environment. As you discuss this with the HR Director, Mr. Steve Kirkowski, he suggests developing a strategic plan focused on engagement and retention of host country nationals, expatriate, and repatriated employees to close these gaps.
Design a strategic plan for the engagement and retention of host country nationals, expatriates, and repatriates that accomplishes the following goals:
- Examines the challenges of performance management processes both in the U. S. and globally.
- Recommends the use of a cultural intelligence assessment as part of the performance management process.
- For host country nationals, expatriates and repatriates:
- Provides a process for the development of performance goals
- Recommends performance measures
- Develops a policy regarding the frequency and content of regular performance assessment
- Develops a uniquely crafted employee engagement strategy
- Designs a uniquely crafted employee retention strategy
- Details how the engagement and retention strategic plan will be implemented both in the U. S. and globally.
- Ties the strategic plan to the organizational goal of creating a culturally intelligent and competent global workforce.
Be sure to provide proper attribution for credible sources used in the strategic plan.