Deliverable 1 – Executive Summary on Leadership Development Program
Develop Human Resources and organizational leadership strategies to foster a high-performing workforce enabling the attainment of organizational goals.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the VP of Human Resources of a publicly traded company. You have determined, using analy sis based on workforce analytics, that the divisional leaders across the company are not consistent in their application of leadership behaviors, and thus are sending mixed signals across the organization. As a result, productivity and employee engagement has decreased. Subsequently, quarterly financial performance indicators have not reached targeted levels for three quarters. You intend to recommend to the CEO that a new leadership development program should be implemented for the divisional leadership so that they will better understand the impact of their leadership as well as promote a more unified approach to leading.
Prepare an executive summary to submit to the CEO regarding the implementation of a leadership development program that:
- Identifies clear goals and milestones of the program.
- Distinguishes the leadership style or traits to be developed.
- Promotes the inclusion of individual mentoring both during and after the program has been completed.
- Describes how knowledge gained from the program will connect to business results for the organization.
- Explains the type of instructional modality/modalities used (e.g., face-to-face, online, hybrid) and the rationale for this selection.
- Provides attribution for credible sources used in the executive summary.