For your first project assignment, you will be conducting a community assessment.
Begin by providing an overview of the community in which you live (large or small, urban or rural). Then, complete the following:
- Identify community demographics, including social, ethnic, and cultural diversity.
- Use local papers and other media to identify and describe two social change concerns appropriate to the community.
- Identify the main actors (different ones for each concern) who may be involved in participating in a policy development process to address the concerns.
- Identify the potential implementing actor (for-profit organization, non-profit, or government) or the combination of actors for each concern.
- Draft a statement of public policy for each of the two social change concerns you have identified for the community, taking into consideration public policy elements. Refer to the resources in your Social Policy Toolbox for developing these statements.
- Page Length: 3–5 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Formatting: Present your paper in APA format.
- Written communication: Written communication must reflect graduate-level writing skills and successfully convey the message.