Think back to the beginning of this course. What were your perceptions of the human services profession? Given what you have learned about various human services roles, how has your perception of the profession changed? You address these questions in the following Discussion.
- Review your Course Announcements for possible information related to this week’s Discussion and Assignment.
- Reflect on your initial perceptions of the human services profession.
- Revisit the assigned chapters in the course text to refresh your memory about different advanced human services professional practitioner roles and functions.
- Read the article, “A Phenomenological Study on Meaningful Professional Experiences for Human Services Professionals.” Reflect on the nature of human services work based on the themes the authors identified from interviews with advanced human services professional practitioners.
- Based on what you have learned, consider how your perception of the human services profession has changed.
By Day 4
Post a response to the following questions: How do the various advanced human services professional practitioner roles that you have learned about in this course align with what you previously believed is the purpose of the human services profession? In what ways has your perception of the profession changed?