Summative Discussion Board
One of the most important things you can do as an appreciative inquiry, action research (AI/AR) practitioner is to transfer your skills into an organization. Accomplishing this helps to ensure that the organization can continue the work begun during your engagement. In 400-500 words, address the following:
- What are the 5 skills, concepts, and procedures that you feel are most important when addressing organizational issues? Discuss each element.
- Additionally, what were the most significant things you learned during this course?
- What did you appreciate most about this course?
In addition to addressing all requirements of the assignments, a model answer includes the following:
- Use order-list (or bullet points) to state the 5 skills, concepts, and procedures that you feel are most important when addressing organizational issues. Then, discuss each element
- Use order-list (or bullet points) to share the most significant things you learned during this course
- Taking into consideration the concepts or AR/AI/PC, what did you appreciate most about this course? You may consider topics such as:
- AR/AI: Cycles of action research
- Ten Principles as the Essence of Process Consultation.
- Single-loop/Double-loop/Triple loop Learning.
- Self as an instrument for change
- Self-awareness & system-awareness.
- Key themes from previous live chats.
- Properly cite the required textbooks and articles to support your responses.
- Cheung-Judge, M. Y (2001). The Self as an instrument-A cornerstone for the future of OD. OD Practitioner, 33(3), 11-16.
- Gharajedaghi, J. (2011). Systems Thinking, 3rd Edition. [Bookshelf Online]. Retrieved from https://online.vitalsource.com/#/books/9780123859167/