Application of the Johari Window
For this final, please apply the Johari Window model to identify and understand the level of self- disclosure in relationships. Additionally, you are asked to use the format described from Enhance Activity with MindTap Ch 3: Models of Self-Disclosure, to draw two Johari Windows representing the relationship between you and one other person. Remember to reverse one of the windows so that your open area and that of the other person face each other.
Then answer the following questions:
1. Describe which parts of yourself you keep in the hidden area. Explain your reasons for doing so. Describe the advantages or disadvantages or both of not disclosing these parts of yourself. (1 page minimum)
2. Look at the blind area of your model. Is this area large or small because of the amount of feedback (much or little) that you get from your partner or because of your willingness to receive the feedback that is offered? (1 page minimum)
3. Explain whether you are satisfied with the results illustrated by your answers. If you are not satisfied, explain what you can do to remedy the problem. (1 page minimum)
4. Through building your Johari Window, what did you discover about your relationship? What, if any, surprises did you discover in your open, hidden, blind or unknown areas? (1 page minimum)
5. Based on these results, how much will your relationship change?
6. Will you disclose more information or less information? Explain why. How will you handle your blind area? The unknown? (1 page minimum)
Draw your conclusions.
You are to complete this assignment in a minimum of 7 pages. The title and reference page do not count towards the page count.