- You are a first-year Human Resource Specialist at “State of Estates” estate planning firm. The firm is devising a new employee handbook. You have been asked to create two sections:
- The Company Policy regarding Alcohol/Drug Testing
- The Company Policy regarding Employer Monitoring of Employees.
- Formulate these policies in a single document, reflecting an understanding of course materials and credible outside research.
Include and cite applicable laws for each topic as the basis for the policy. You may use federal, state, or case law as the foundation for your work. Following is a list of topics you may want to consider in your policies:
- Pre-employment drug/alcohol testing
- Random drug/alcohol testing
- Procedure for employees who disagree with results of drug/alcohol Testing
- Drug/alcohol procedure for contracted government employees who work in satellite offices
- Drug testing in states with legal marijuana use
- Monitoring of employee desktop computers
- Monitoring of employee personal social media use
- Monitoring of employee cell phone and company car
- Note: Do not cut and paste an existing policy.
- Create your own 1,050-word policy, using APA format for the cover page and references. Both policies should be included in a single document with subheadings to delineate “Alcohol/Drug Testing” and “Employee Monitoring.”
- 3 months ago