We rely on mental shortcuts to simplify the work around us, which means we rely on stereotypes to make decisions in the workplace. Everyone tends to fall into performance bias traps. What steps can we take to remove these biases in the workplace?
This assignment asks you to develop a slide presentation for an original post and then to respond to others using audio technology. If verbal communication is not possible for you, you may write your responses.
- For your original post, develop a 6 slide presentation (using PowerPoint, Prezi, SlideShare, or a similar appropriate software) using the “4 skills to confront workplace bias” introduced by David Maxfield (2017) (CPR, Start with Heart, State My Path, Make it Safe) create your own skills presentation to share with your colleagues.
- The audience for the slide presentation is composed of student scholars exploring contemporary leadership.
- Proceed to the CSU Global Library to gather scholarly articles to support your presentation. Then prepare the presentation to include:
• Slide 1: Title page, introduction, and purpose statement
• Slide 2: CPR – Content, Pattern, Relationship
• Slide 3: Start with Heart
• Slide 4: State My Path
• Slide 5: Make it Safe
• Slide 6: References