Students will be expected to post their first initial Discussion Board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Tuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is an organization that regulates trade between different national governments. It was created in 1995 and is located in Geneva, Switzerland. Dispute settlement is its primary focus. It helps the global economy remain stable. Please discuss the following with your classmates:
- Would you encourage a country to join the WTO? Why or why not?
- Research a recent WTO dispute between 2 countries, and describe what happened. Do you agree with how it was resolved?
- How could it have been resolved differently?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What stands out in terms of the various disputes addressed?
- Do you see any ways noted/ hinted at that the WTO could do better or have more support toward its efforts?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?