- First, view the 2020 National Diabetes Statistics Report at: https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- Second, utilize the report to respond to some of the following prompts below.
Click on “Reply” below to start a new post for yourself. You will not be able to see your classmates’ posts until you have posted. Your original post should include responses to each of the following prompts:
Using the 2020 National Diabetes Statistics Report:
- From the 2020 National Diabetes Statistics Report, list the single racial/ethnic group with the highest total prevalence of Diabetes from both Table 1a on page 2 (crude prevalence) and Appendix Table 1 on page 15 (age-adjusted prevalence).
- Then, explain in simple terms why the highest total prevalence numbers among the racial/ethnic groups are different between these two tables. (HINT: There is a helpful explanation on pages 62-63 of the textbook and further detail in the PowerPoint).
There are some excellent sources of data available to report up-to-date information on COVID-19 (i.e., incidence, prevalence, mortality rate). With this in mind, respond to the following prompts:
3. Provide the website name and the URL for at least 1 reliable online data source for obtaining accurate and trustworthy data on COVID-19 surveillance.
4. Identify 1 interesting or surprising statistic/number on COVID-19 from the website you listed and share it with the class.
5. Explain what the statistic/number means in plain language (simple, easy-to-understand terms). For instance, if you find the case fatality rate surp