Deliverable 6 – Leading a High Performing Team
Analyze leadership roles, techniques, and challenges in leading teams.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
As a leader, you have been tasked with building a team whose purpose is to recommend a new performance evaluation system. The current system is outdated and greatly reduces employee morale each year.
As the leader of this problem-solving team, you are tasked with leading a high performing team. During the process of leading and managing the team, you have noticed things could improve, such as interpersonal and analytic skills. The company has asked you for a one-page report outlining the challenges of the team and your recommendations.
In your report, you will want to:
- Discuss interpersonal skills and analytic skills needed when managing teams.
- How do the different leadership roles impact the team process?
- Discuss different challenges that may arise while leading the team.
- What are different types of strategies a team leader can use to develop a high-performing team?
- Provide your recommendations for the best strategy you will use, as the leader of the team, to build a high-performing team and overcome challenges you may face when managing the team.